NEW HORIZONS WORKSHOP
FOR YOUR LIFESTYLE TRANSITION
At asa we are committed to supporting you to successfully identify and achieve the next stage of your career.
Planning for “retirement” is more important today than it has ever been as people are now much healthier, more active and can expect to live much longer. This means that the potential for a whole new phase of life and opportunity opens up for them.
We recognise the term ‘retirement’ means different things to people. Some may see it as an escape from the ‘rat-race’, providing the opportunity for more leisure time; others may view it as a new challenge, a time to do some volunteering or stimulation through study. Privately, some may see it as a time of inactivity, under-stimulation and loss of status – something to fear. One thing we may agree on is that retirement is changing in the traditional sense. Retirement is a classic example of a life transition, a move from one stage to another resulting in significant changes in routine.
In order to plan for the next phase of their life individuals need information, awareness, understanding and resilience.
The workshop is designed for individuals (plus partners/spouses) who are approaching or considering that new phase within the next 12 months and will review the choices people face together with time for self-assessment and reflection.
Your workshop can include your spouse/partner and will be delivered over a 1 day workshop at a suitable location selected by your organisation
NEW HORIZONS WORKSHOP
Your Workshop covers the following topics;
- Approaching Retirement – Exciting or Scary?
- Work and Retirement – How do I balance this?
- Financial Advice
- Health and Fitness
- Personal Well Being – The inner man or woman
- Communications and Relationships – Getting it right
- Leisure Activities – Having fun!
- Employment in Retirement – I want to work, I think?
- The Wheel of Life – Smoothing out the bumps
6 months access to MyWorkSearch on line that includes;
- Ability to search thousands of job boards simultaneously with one click
- Over 1.5 million LIVE jobs scanned daily
- Over 7 hours of eLearning videos
- LIVE Webinars every week
- Access to a database of 7 million+ UK-wide companies (via Alert Data)
- Database of 8,000 recruitment agencies, job boards, newspapers and trade journals
- Job search e-mail & productivity management tools
- CV Builder with professional templates
- eCV tool that publishes CVs online for employers and recruiters to search
- Activity management that allows you to track your job search progress
A comprehensive asa workbook is provided to each participant along with the annual publication “The Good Retirement Guide”.